Bernedoodle 4 You
417-962-0240 or 417-349-9848 Email: email@example.com;
**This Contract is for a Bernedoodle Puppy or Standard Poodle Puppy**
This contract is between Ramona Barkley of Bernedoodle 4 You (name of breeder), hereinafter referred to as SELLER and __________________________ , hereinafter referred to as BUYER(s).
Address of Buyer:_______________________________________________________________________________________
Seller agrees to sell Buyer a Bernedoodle / Poodle puppy born on _______________________________________
For the sum of $_________________________ (Limited Registration)
Deposit to Hold Puppy: $300 (goes towards the cost of the puppy)
Balance Due in Full Upon Picking Up Puppy: ___________
Please Note: Payment must be in cash, PayPal (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Venmo Ramona Barkley@Ramona-Barkley; HOWEVER, if you are paying via PayPal you must pay as a friend/family (no fees), otherwise you will have to add on the 3% service fee they will add).
Estimated Date of Pickup (must be at 8 - 10 weeks of age): ______________ If the Buyer does not pick up the puppy by the pickup date during the 8th-10th week, you will forfeit the puppy. If you are unable to commit to picking up the puppy in the 8 -10th week pickup date time frame it is best to pass and wait until it’s better timing. You will maintain your position on our reservation list and continue to move up the list as people before you purchase a puppy.
Shipping and Transportation: PLEASE NOTE that the price of the puppy does not include any shipping and handling costs. We can ship puppies by air (cost depends on where you live but averages about $350-600. We ship our puppies out of (Kansas City International Airport or St Louis Lambert, MO). We also can ship by ground to a limited area. When puppy is shipping it must be paid in full by 7 weeks.
We will send their puppy care package and all documents to you about a week before the puppy departs so that this will be one less thing you have to worry about. Also some of our customers will fly into our airport (Springfield/Branson MO) to pickup the puppy, and fly back with it and this has worked out perfectly well at 8 weeks. After 8 weeks the puppy won’t fit under the seat. Some also come to us to pickup their puppy and then take the puppy back with them. In some cases we have been able to meet with the puppies as well.
*Bernedoodle 4 You does reserve the right to cancel a sale at anytime *
1) The Buyer agrees to provide a life-long commitment, comfortable and safe environment. Buyer must have a spacious secured fenced in backyard for playtime and potty time but not to be left their permanently. These are house dogs and they must remain in the house unless outside with their family. The Buyer agrees to provide prompt medical attention, proper grooming and responsible care. This includes keeping their Bernedoodle puppy/dog parasite free and up to date with vaccinations, proper nutrition, which consists of a good quality professional feed given at regular intervals (we use Purina Pro Plan Focus Puppy Lamb and Rice. We feed 2 - 2.5 cups of food spread out over 3-4 feedings per day until 12 weeks old, and then dropped to 2 times per day, and eventually twice per day when 6 mos old), and fresh water available at all times. If puppy/dog seems to be still hungry after meal provide a little more. The Buyer promises to provide a safe environment for the dog, and never allow the dog to roam freely without proper fencing or supervision and on a leash unless the owner is in a safe and secured area where some off leash running can be done. The Seller will have each puppy micro-chipped with an Avid Microchip (there's a one time registration fee thru this company that will be paid by Buyer of approximately $20; the Buyer will receive information when they pickup their puppy) in order to facilitate his return if lost or stolen. The Seller requires ( if breached will also breach this contract and will result in immediate surrendering of puppy back to Ramona Barkley of Bernedoodle 4 You) that this is not a dog to be chained up or kenneled outside and MUST be maintained in the home with the family with access to a fenced in or secure yard. Violation of this last statement will result in the Buyer giving up their rights to maintain one of our Bernedoodles and will be returned to the breeder and will not be reimbursed for payment made on such dog.
2) The Seller guarantees this puppy/dog to be of sound health and temperament at the time of this sale. A health record of all shots and/or worming will be provided by the Seller. The Buyer agrees to take this dog to a licensed veterinarian of their choice within 72 hours for a physical examination. *we are no longer removing dewclaws*We will provide our shot/health records to the Buyer which should be given to the licensed veterinarian at your first physical examination. If the vet recommends ANY repetition of puppy shots, PLEASE have the vet call Ramona Barkley 417 962-0240/417 349-9848 (call or message). THIS COULD REVOKE THIS GUARANTEE. Excessive vaccinations can be dangerous for them and should not be administered. Should puppy/dog be determined to be in ill health, the cause of which the Seller is clearly to blame, the dog may, upon a signed written diagnosis from said licensed veterinarian, be returned for a replacement puppy from a future litter that the Seller produces. The Seller assumes absolutely no responsibility for fees associated with caring for the puppy/dog. No other guarantees are given. The Buyer will keep up with the recommended vaccine and veterinary well care visits at 9, 12 and 16 weeks. The Seller will take care of the first visit (at about 2-3 days old where the puppy be evaluated by a licensed veterinarian), as well as the 6-7 week visit and will continue with this until such a time that the puppy is sold and transferred to the Buyer. No puppy replacement or refund is provided in the event of death by Parvo (All puppies receive 1 Puppy Parvo vaccines during week 5 or 6 however they are not protected until they receive their last Parvo immunization) . It is important to note that the puppy is not protected from Parvo until the complete set of parvo series are given. If you pickup your puppy DO NOT use commonly used rest stops and other areas frequented by dogs as these are areas that often concentrate various diseases that can easily be transferred to the puppy and will void this guarantee. The new Buyer must not take the puppy into public places until such a time that the parvo series have been given in full. The Seller will not be responsible for any veterinarian/medical costs at any time inlcuding but not limited to common conditions such as hernia, heart murmur, kennel cough, coccidia, parasites, giardia, cherry eye, eye conditions that are more cosmetic or does not represent a life-threatening situation, and uneven bites. The Seller has made all attempts to ensure a healthy and quality puppy, but cannot guarantee against any future health issues such as dysplasia, or cancer. We have selected dams and sires from genetic lines that should minimize these conditions from occurring but can not be absolutely avoided. There are too many environmental pressures that can impact this as well. In the event of death while in Seller's possession, Buyer's Paid Funds will be applied to a future puppy in a future litter. Due to the variability of speciality hybrids (e.g bernedoodles), the Seller makes no guarnatees about future temperament, size, markings, weight, breeding issues/success, longevity, health, shedding (all bernedoodles could be non, low or moderate to heavy shedders), conformation, or show potential. We start with Standard Poodles and Bernese Mountain Dogs that are great quality dogs, with strong health records, and proven temperament, but beyond that we can not make any expressed guarantees.
IF within the first one (1) year of life of this puppy, any genetic defects are found through laboratory analysis, AND, that will have a detrimental effect on the livelihood of the dog, the puppy will be replaced with a puppy of equal value, whenever a puppy becomes available. Puppy will be replaced only when proof of genetic defect is diagnosed by a licensed veterinarian, along with the laboratory analytical results certified by the lab (this is done at the expense of the Buyer) in writing AND proof of spaying or neutering is given. The Buyer will retain the original puppy (we will discuss the option of placing the original puppy into a new home if that is what the Buyer prefers, but we will only facilitate this process which could include listing the availability of this puppy onto our website however the Buyer must have put their puppy through obedience training and the dog is well socialized and housebroken) unless the contract conditions have been breached and we must remove the puppy.
3) The Buyers agree not to use this animal for breeding and agree to have it spayed/neutered no earlier than 1 year of age and we recommend waiting until after the first heat for females AND 12-18 months of age. For males we ask that you wait until 14-18 months to allow for growth to finish in this large breed. If you have a boy and feel that it's behavior is exhibiting very male dominant type of behaviors, and marking behavior, please discuss about the possibility of neutering prior to 12 months of age. This dog will be on limited AKC (for our Standard Poodles) and no breeding rights (for our Bernedoodles and other doodles). Any breeding that is done with our Bernedoodle/Poodle puppies will be subjected to a ten thousand ($10,000) dollar additional fee. If one of our f1 or f1b Bernedoodles (or other doodles) are bred Buyer will be fully responsible for any fees. The Buyer will also have to return the dog without refund if breeding does occur (and this can be confirmed thru maternity and paternity testing). If you are looking to purchase Standard Poodles with AKC full registration papers you must contact the Seller. Should any circumstances arise that affect the quality of life of the dog, the Breeder/Seller is to be informed so that they may participate in determining the future of the dog. The Breeder/ Seller reserves the right to approve/prohibit any transfer of this animal to a third party. Under no circumstances will this dog be sold, leased, traded or given away to any pet shop, research laboratory, animal shelter or similar facility. Any breach of this policy item will be subject to a ten-thousand ($10,000) dollar fee. We are always here to help you relocate your dog so please let us know first (you may call or text Ramona Barkley at 417-349-9848 and we’ll do our best to re-home the dog). If we can help find a new home, and the new owner is willing to pay a fee, and the dog has been kept at the Buyer's home, all money transferred will go to the Buyer (if no fees are made with this transfer the Buyer will not receive any money associated with what they have paid including the cost of the dog and all expenses associated with the dog). If the dog has been transferred to the Seller, then the Seller will retain any money transferred from the third party buyer. Once you have consulted with Ramona Barkley and if you do not feel an acceptable resolution has been achieved, we will assign an outside arbitrator to evaluate the best next step (this person will be a licensed veterinarian or established dog trainer at the Buyer’s discretion but approved by the Seller).
5) The Buyer agrees to contact the Seller immediately if any questions or concerns arise about the dog, such as housing, diet, behavior or health. The buyer agrees to keep the Seller informed of any treatment as it occurs. This provides the Breeder/Seller with an opportunity to follow up on puppies and gives us important feedback and information on the health of our dogs for future generations. We would like the privilege of discussing how your puppy has been doing during the first year and will need a few minutes with the Buyer to talk about all aspects of their dog experience. Ultimately, this helps us be the best and most responsible breeder we can be.
6) Registration papers will either be provided at time of sale of the puppy or transferred to the Buyer immediately upon receipt from AKC or CKC (for our Standard Poodles) if they are still being processed. It is understood at the time of sale that this is a pet quality dog and it is representative of its breed. Training classes are highly recommended for a happy relationship between the dog and family.
7). Once you make the $300 nonrefundable deposit (this is after you have submitted the answers to our questions under the tab "Adoption Form") via PayPal to email@example.com, you will have one year from the time of your deposit to select a puppy (in order of deposits per contract language). After one year you will forfeit your $300 deposit. Beyond this time frame we will take each situation on a case by case basis.
8) Updated policy regarding deposits and placement on waiting lists.
If you would like to be placed on our interest list for one of our f1 or f1b Bernedoodles please fill out the no obligation Adoption Form. When you decide you are ready to reserve a puppy. We will need to receive a $300 deposit (you can use the paypal link on our reservation list – deposit page. We can not guarantee if or when litters will arrive but will try to predict based on current heat cycles. We also can not guarantee certain color patterns (e.g. tricolor) will be available at the time of your pick (first come/pay, first pick) for the dam/sire crosses we are currently using, and therefore if you decide to pass on the remaining puppies in the litters available we can then use your deposit to place you at the next open spot for the next litter or put you on the next list for the same cross you selected at the next breeding cycle. If you decide to pass on a puppy when it's time for your to pick, and decide to move to the next available litters, you will be placed in the next open spot on the pick list (in other words, you will not be moved ahead of others if they have already placed a deposit for such lists). We will allow this for one calendar year from the time a deposit is made at which time a puppy must be selected or we will pull your name (exception would be if the Buyer and Seller have kept in contact and made alternate plans approved by the Seller). However, if you stay in touch with us and just keep us in the loop via texting or emailing or calling, we can extend this for another year but we need to hear back from you when it's your pick to let us know the situation. We definitely want to work with you. If we haven't heard from you a year after you left the deposit, we will keep your name on a secondary list where that person will sit idle but will not have to put a new deposit down should they wish to be added to the list in the future.
The remaining balance of the puppy (along with signed puppy contract) is to be paid in full before or at pickup with cash, money order or cashier's check. We also reserve the right to keep a puppy from each litter. No refunds are given and any purchaser that has placed a deposit on a puppy, that did not receive one from these litters, will be automatically placed on the next list or cancelled altogether upon notification by Buyer. We can not guarantee litter sizes and therefore should we not have enough puppies for those that have placed a deposit, we will automatically roll your name onto the next available litters in the order that the customer paid the deposit. When you decide to move to a litter at a later date, you will be moved to the next available spot that is open and after others that have already placed deposits. We also can not guarantee color/markings nor can we guarantee what the final color/pattern will look like as an adult dog. You can always email me Ramona Barkley at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how many people have deposited on a certain litter date.
The preceding paragraphs contain conditions established by the Seller to ensure the well being of the puppy/dog. The Buyer’s agreements will continue for the duration of the dog’s life and the Seller will have the right to enforce the agreements.
Agreed to this date____________________________